The default links in the Cutline header point to pages called Archives and About. In order for those links to work, you’ll have to make sure that those pages actually exist…Well wait a tick – how the heck do we do that? Fear not, because Cutline comes pre-packaged with all the answers!
Creating the Archives Page
Follow these steps, and you’ll be able to create an Archives page in no time:
- Log into your WP Administration panel and click on the Presentation link.
- Assuming you have the Cutline theme activated, you’ll notice a link in the sub-navigation menu called Cutline Options.
- On the Cutline Options page, simply check the box next to “Enable the Cutline Archives Page.”
- Click the Update Options button to create the Archives page.
- In order to ensure that your new Archives page gets published properly, you’ll need to click on the Manage link in the main navigation menu.
- Once there, click on Pages in the sub-navigation menu.
- One of your pages will contain the text “Archives” in the Title field – find that page, and then click on the Edit button for that page.
- Locate the Save » button (which resides just beneath the main text entry box), and click it. You’re done!
Creating the “About” Page
On just about every new installation of WordPress, your About page is already created for you. In the event that it’s not, however, you can follow these steps to make it happen:
- In your WordPress administration panel, click on the Write link in the navigational bar.
- Two links will appear in the sub-navigational menu – Write Post and Write Page. You’ll want to click on Write Page.
- Enter whatever you like in the Page Title and Page Content fields.
- On the right side of the page, you’ll notice a heading that is called Post Slug. Expand the heading to reveal a field, and then enter “about” in that field. Enter it exactly as shown here (without the quotes), or else your navigational link will not work!
- Click the Create New Page button, and you’re done!
Aaargh! My Links Don’t Work Yet!
Find out why and fix the problem by reading up on WordPress permalinks and how they relate to Cutline.